Introduction and Background
Lar offers proven advisory, mentoring and facilitation capabilities; a network of contacts across major lenders, development agencies, business angel and early-stage finance networks and highly developed communications and interpersonal skills.
Lar established the first formal business angel network in Ireland – matching companies seeking finance with individuals interested in investing in companies. He has evaluated companies for leading banks, government bodies and development agencies including Enterprise Ireland and Local Enterprise Offices.
On an ongoing basis, Lar works closely with organisation leaders, business owners; accountants and other advisors:
- Consulting on strategic and business planning, operational improvements and performance management.
- Advising on business finance and negotiations with lenders, investors and other financial providers.
- Delivering management and financial training programmes to development agencies and banks in Ireland and internationally.
Examples of assignments include:
- Strategic and Business plan development for companies and not-for-profit organisations.
- Advising on applications for support from development agencies – including Feasibility Application for new concepts.
- Negotiating and re-structuring commercial mortgages – including transfer of loans into company name.
- Raising working capital finance for trading businesses – including invoice discounting and trade-related credit offerings.
Summary of Key Strengths
- Excellent communication skills
- Capacity to reduce complex issues to simple explanations
- Confident in an audience role
- Strong analytical skills
- MBA – City University London
- Registered Representative – Securities Association, London
- Diploma in Business Studies – University of Limerick
- Banking Diploma – Institute of Bankers